Little Lions provides extended care for children who attend morning nursery.
We can offer:
- A purpose built classroom.
- Two outdoor play areas. One with a soft play surface and the other a wildlife area.
- Continuity of care with a dedicated team.
- A school that is rated as good.
- An accessible environment.
- Care from 8.00 am until 5.30 pm each day (when combined with the Breakfast and After School Club provision).
- Competitive rates.
- Help with funding for extra childcare.
This term in Little Lions, we have been learning about how things grow. All the children planted pea and sunflower seeds. Over the weeks, they watched how they grew and they learnt how to take care of them. The children also observed how cress, carrot tops, parsnip tops and beans grew without soil.
Our stories had a growing theme to them too. The children enjoyed reading 'Jack and the Beanstalk' and 'The enormous Turnip'. They also used non-fiction books to find out facts about how things grow and what plants need.
The children explored the colour and texture of different fruits and they all made a fruit salad to take home.
Little Lion children have settled in really well. They are all enjoying having their lunch together and learning with Miss Haughton and Mrs Binyon in the afternoon.