Music is a unique way of communicating that can inspire and motivate children. It gives an opportunity for personal expression and it can play an important part in the personal development of an individual. Music reflects our culture and society and so the teaching and learning of music enables children to better understand the world in which they live.
At school we aim to teach the children:
- How sounds are made through different instruments
- To enjoy different styles of music
- To enjoy singing and performing
- To have some understanding of the composition of music
- To know how music has changed over time.
Much of our music and singing teaching can be seen in our regular class assemblies where parents are invited. We are fortunate to have Tameside Music Service in school. They have worked with our key stage 2 children teaching rhythms and music through Samba drumming. Please take this opportunity to look at our most recent assembly.
Click on the logo to the left to visit the Charanga site