Little Lions provides extended care for children who attend morning nursery.
We can offer:
- A purpose built classroom.
- Two outdoor play areas. One with a soft play surface and the other a wildlife area.
- Continuity of care with a dedicated team.
- A school that is rated as good.
- An accessible environment.
- Care from 8.00 am until 5.30 pm each day (when combined with the Breakfast and After School Club provision).
- Competitive rates.
- Help with funding for extra childcare.
All of the children have really settled in within their first few weeks in Little Lions. They have had lots of fun exploring the different areas, building up their friendships and learning many new skills.
We have had lots of fun learning all about one of our favourite stories ‘The Gruffalo’. With the help of the characters, we have practised our pencil control and remembered to hold it in the correct way. The children have been very creative by designing their very own ‘terrible creature’ by using the Gruffalo for inspiration. They made pre-writing marks and used great language to describe their creature. They came up with some great ideas! We love arts and crafts in Little Lions and we have had lots of fun creating the characters from the Gruffalo by cutting and sticking, collaging and painting. The children also enjoyed wearing the Gruffalo costume and using the animal masks to re-create the story!