Please see below the link for support in Greater Manchester.
HELP WITH HOUSING AND COST OF LIVING
Housing Advice Service
- The Housing Advice Service based at Old Street, Tameside has seen a significant rise in households presenting as homeless over the past 6 months, in order to still provide a timely response to those experiencing housing difficulties from 19th February 2024 the Service will be moving to a self-serve option which will replace the need for people to present themselves to the Housing Advice Office.
- The self-service link can be found on the Housing Advice page on Tameside Councils website but is also here : https://gm-ca.org/refer/TAMES
- If you are a support agency there is an option to self-refer and an option to refer someone. Once this has been completed an experienced officer will assess the information provided and contact the individual/agency with further advice where required or arrange an appointment.
- Please note that only those with pre-arranged appointments will be granted access to the Housing Advice Office. This is to ensure an efficient service is delivered and staff and customer safety is achieved.
Tameside Poverty Monitor, arose from the Poverty Strategy and monitors poverty in Tameside according to several indicators - Tameside Poverty Monitor
Helping Hand Cost of Living Support
- Money Management
- Help with Housing
- Employment and Work Skills
- Help with food, clothing and childcare
- Community Hubs
- Energy Efficiency
- Help to get online
- Mental Health and Well Being
Help with Housing – taken from Helping Hand Tameside
For advice and information on renting in Tameside, claiming housing benefits, local council tax www.tameside.gov.uk/Housing/Housing-Services
For homelessness and housing advice please visit www.tameside.gov.uk/housing/advice
Contact Exchequer Services 0161 342 3708 for information and support on council benefits, housing benefits and council tax support.
Tameside Homeless Service
☎0161 342 2700
Homelessness/ Housing Options queries- email@example.com
Housing Register queries- firstname.lastname@example.org
If you already open to the service, you will retain the same Case Officer and will receive a letter notifying you of new contact details.
Housing Loss Prevention Advice Service
- Government funded legal advice and representation (legal aid) for individuals facing eviction possession proceedings which could result in the loss of their homes.